Join us May 20, 2017, for the 37th annual BAGLY Prom!
The BAGLY Prom is the world's first and longest running LGBTQ youth prom — it was even covered by TIME Magazine!
First held in 1981, the BAGLY Prom sets the national standard for the way LGBTQ youth come together, support one another, and celebrate!
This year's Prom will held on Boston City Hall Plaza directly after Massachusetts Youth Pride Festival from 4-7pm and will feature a cosplay competition. The theme for this year's Festival is Resist, Exist, Persist (REP), so come to the Prom repping your favorite character, universe, or just yourself for a chance to win a $50 gift card!
Volunteer Check-in: 3:00pm
Doors Open: 4:00pm
Cosplay Competition: 5:30pm
Admission to the Prom is FREE if you are seen during the month of May at the Clinic@BAGLY! You may also sign up for the Clinic during the Youth Pride Festival to receive free entry to the Prom. Otherwise, admission is $10. Buy your tickets in advance by clicking the link below or purchasing a wristband at the BAGLY merch table to day of the Prom.
Music by DJ Begbick, sound provided by ZUMIX, and lighting courtesy of Cantorum Creative.
As with all BAGLY events, the Prom will be free of drugs, alcohol, violence, weapons, pressure, sex, and harassment. DO NOT drink or take drugs before coming to the BAGLY Prom. If we think that you are under the influence, if you are found to have snuck in drugs, alcohol, and/or weapons, or if you are found engaging in sex, violence, or harassment, you will be escorted out of the event — no debate, no refund! BAGLY reserves the right to refuse admission to any person believed to be a threat to the overall safety or enjoyment of our event. If you have any questions about the safety policies or would like to volunteer at Prom, please contact Bethany Allen email@example.com or 617-227-4313 x126.
Coat Check Policy
- All youth are required to check their coats and bags at BAGLY’s free coat check.
- No suitcases/large bags will be accepted — do not bring them!
- Water will be provided inside the dance, so any bottles need to either be checked or thrown out before entering.
- Once items are checked, youth may only retrieve their belongings when leaving for the night, and are not allowed to get items from or return items to the coat check.
- A medication lock box will be available at the staffed medical station for any youth who must keep medication such as inhalers or epipens accessible.
We Can't Wait to See You at the 37th Annual BAGLY Prom!