When BAGLY was founded in 1980, it was the only GLBTQ youth-specific organization in Massachusetts, and one of the few in the country. Now it is part of a local and national network of GLBTQ and mainstream individuals, institutions and organizations working together to impact the lives of GLBTQ young people.
Collaborative relationship building with community resources is a hallmark of BAGLY’s programming. We’ve seen first hand how collaboration increases our membership’s ability to “community map” supportive places and to identify allies and opportunities within neighborhoods, communities and organizations.
Check out a few of our fabulous co-conspirators who have joined us in our effort to ensure that a comprehensive system of services, support and opportunities is available to and accessed by the youth who need them:
- The GLBT Youth Group Network of Massachusetts
- MTPC The Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
- True Colors Out Youth Theater Troupe
- The Sidney Borum Jr. Community Health Center, a program of Fenway Health
- Boston GLASS (Gay & Lesbian Adolescent Social Services), a program of JRI Health
- The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth Support Project
- The Network/La Red
- Boston Youth Organizing Project
- AIDS Action Committee / TRANScend Program
- Massachusetts Commission on GLBT Youth
- The National LGBT Health Coalition
- The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Campus Pride